Vice President inaugurates the Marine Interpretation Unit of FRCCE for coastal Ecosystem (GS: 3 Environment)
- About: The Vice President inaugurated the Institute’s Marine interpretation Unit created to disseminate knowledge on the marine environment and to work with coastal communities.
- FRCCE: Forest Research Centre for Coastal Ecosystem conducting research on forest biodiversity, Forest genetic resource management with respect on the mangroves and coastal ecosystem.
- Marine Interpretation Unit: The centre is the lone establishment in the country for research on timber protection under seawater in its total perspective.
- Coastal Ecosystem: Provide habitat for a wide variety of marine plants and animals as well as provide resources and homes to humans.
- Source: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1774023