IT Minister inaugurates ‘Aadhar 2.0’ workshop organized by UIDAI (GS: 2 Governance)
- About: A 3-day workshop titled “Aadhar 2.0- Ushering the Next Era of Digital Identity and Smart Governance” commencing from 23.11.2021 at New Delhi.
- Objective: To Exchange ideas & information, Promote insightful debates and share experience about development and initiative around the world/Digital Identity.
- Aadhar 2.0: Considering Aadhar as a Trusted ID as a platform and method for delivering innovative digital solutions.
- Significance: Focuses on strategies of Aadhar that can strengthen and simplify its service delivery, evolvement and transition of Digital ID.
- Stakeholders: The Workshop is divided into 8 sessions for deliberations on various topics for related stakesholders:
- Government of India and Identity authorities
- Private Sector entities utilizing authentication and e-KYC services
- Leading Think-Tanks and SMEs from International Diaspora
- Organization in Social and regulatory space
- UIDAI: Unique Identification Authority of India was established as per The Aadhar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016.